Do you fancy printing your own money?!
Do you care about Birmingham’s economy being inclusive, diverse, distinctive and prosperous?
We are looking for steering group members for our team! As we prepare for the exciting launch of the pilot we need to expand our capacity and skills. Could this be you?
As you can read on this website, the Birmingham Pound is a Sterling-based local currency to be spent with and between local businesses.
We’re seeking new members for governance, but also to take more active roles in project delivery. We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Financial planning and fundraising skills.
- Project management and governance expertise.
- Contacts in different parts and cultures of Birmingham – we want the Birmingham Pound to be accessible to all.
- Including people from Handsworth, Lozells, Soho; and also along the no 50 bus route from Highgate to Druids Heath.
- Reliability in the role you take on.
- Enthusiasm to pitch in! We are all learning as we go, so if you have time, but not a particular expertise, we’d still love to hear from you.
You will be joining a small but committed and active group. On the way you are bound to pick up many more contacts around the city and discover more and more all the things our diverse city has to offer. We already have support from key local organisations including Birmingham City Council, and funding from the Guild of Independent Currencies, so the project has a definite future. We will be setting up a Community Interest Company for the Birmingham Pound, so suitable steering group members will have the opportunity to become directors of the CIC.
If this interests you, please get in touch with Ridhi Kalaria via email@example.com or ring Birmingham Pound chair Karen Leach at Localise West Midlands, on 0121 685 1155.